Greenwood Acres Rules and Regulations
We really want you to enjoy your camping experience at GWA. Since we are a family campground, we want to provide a safe environment for all. Observe our 10 mph speed limit. Below are the GWA rules and regulations to promote safety and courtesy:
Click for print-friendly version of GWA Campground Rules.
DRIVING AT GWA (applies to all motorized vehicles including golf carts)
- Speed limit is 10mph.
- Must obey all Stop signs.
- Must be 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- No motorcycles or mopeds driven thru the campground (designated parking in the front lot).
- Children may not be sitting on your lap while the vehicle is in motion.
- Riding in the truck bed or on the tail gate is strictly prohibited.
- No passing.
- Must be insured and registered at the GWA office.
- Must have lights and must be in good repair.
- No golf carts on the road between midnight and 6am.
- No standing on the back of cart.
- The number of passengers must not exceed the number of seats.
- Must obey all stop signs and stay on roads.
- Visitors must pay the visitor’s fee or the occupant of the site will be charged.
- Visitors must exit the park by 11:30 pm or will be charged the overnight camping fee.
- One visitor car per lot. All others can park in the front.
- Visitors cannot walk through the gate.
- One vehicle is included in the over-night camping fee and additional vehicles will be charged as a visitor.
CURFEWS (must be on your own site)
- 6 years old and under – Must have adult with them at all times.
- 7-11 year olds – 10pm or dark whichever comes first.
- 12 and over – 10pm or dark on weekdays and midnight on weekends or holidays.
- During Spring & Fall camping, the curfew for all is 10pm or dark everyday including weekends & holidays.
- 11pm-8am for everyone.
- After 11pm no music or loud conversations.
- No lawn mowing before 8am.
- Rollerblading, skateboarding, scooters, fireworks (sparklers are okay).
- Hunting, firearms, weapons, violence and vandalism.
- Open only during daylight hours. No lifeguard on duty.
- No glass containers, dogs or vehicles on the beach.
- Use only inner-tubes, floats or other appropriate water toys. No tables, wooden rafts or diving rafts.
- Fishing is not allowed on the beach. Use the Fishing Pier behind the restaurant.
- To contain and stop the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer disease in our trees, buy your firewood when you reach your destination and burn it all on site.
- The State of Michigan is imposing fines on individuals and businesses who violate the EAB quarantine.
- Even if you have lights, no riding after dark.
- No handlebar riding or sitting on the back. Number of passengers must not exceed the number of seats.
- Obey stop signs.
- Speed limit is 5mph, no wake.
- No water skis, jet skis, speedboats or tubing. GWA boats are restricted to south side of lake.
- Do not trespass on the docks or boats along the GWA coastline.
- Fires permitted only within the fire-ring.
- One adult must be present at all times. Do not leave a fire unattended.
- Douse with water before leaving the area.
- Must be on a leash at all times.
- No watchdogs or aggressive dogs or excessive barking dogs.
- Must be current with all shots and vaccinations.
- There are no dog runs at GWA. Please clean up after your dogs.
- 10mph for all motorized vehicles including golf carts.
911 EMERGENCY INFORMATION
- Call 911 and identify yourself as calling from Greenwood Acres Family Campground. Give your site address.
- Complete GWA info:
- Greenwood Acres Family Campground
- 2401 Hilton Road
- Jackson, MI 49201
- Let the front gate know you've made an emergency call and indicate the lot/street number.
- If possible, send someone to the front gate to guide the EMS unit to the site.